The first warrant is on
record of IOOF Lodge, Kamiah #68, for the founding of a cemetery.
Fifteen acres of a piece of land, about ¼ mile west of the then
town limits were surveyed in 1903 and bought of D.B. Keagg.
In December of that year, they built a fence around this and
graves were moved in from out-lying farms.
In 1970 Floyd Doty, as sexton, helped Weston and Carrie (Teats)
Lartigue in compiling these records, starting at the NW corner and
weaving back and forth, row by row.
Later Mr. Doty checked inscriptions with his record book and came
up with more data, which is included here.
Commendation should be
given and gratitude expressed to Louise Knight and Beatrice Ruble for
engineering improvements in the cemetery such as landscaping and
planting evergreens. It is
a lovely little place of rest.
For more information, please contact the Ilo-Vollmer
Historical Society, Box 61, Craigmont, Idaho 83523 or Shelley Kuther, email@example.com
208-790-7890 or Byron Bovey, firstname.lastname@example.org